Please see in the following pages advice, help, photo’s video and more.
More video’s coming soon. Bear with me – I am having issues uploading on a 0.25 mbps upload speed. Oh the irony.
In the drop down menu, if you haven’t found it have another click in the menu.
- Route Info
- Duct Knowledge
- Property Dig Plan & Digging Advice
- Tools & drilling
- Property Boxes
- Mole Ploughing
- Impact Mole
- Drilling underground – roads and rivers
Getting you Connected – Property Responsibility
- Sign up – 65% of you have already done this step
- Plan – Create a dig plan & drill plan
- Once you collect materials and start attaching boxes to your wall and digging duct into the ground you are liable for the £150 connection fee (due when fibre is spliced into your home)
- Confirm – your dig plan and collect ducting for between your house and property boundary (contractors are available)
- Drill – DIY or Neighbour with skills of contractor
- Notify – let your local champion know you have done your bit to get your connection and then e-mail email@example.com with photo’s of a, your dig line (to be stored centrally as historic records of network location) b, entry point CLiP c, FTU (white box in your home ready for fibre showing white duct entry point)
1-7 can happen now, the core network after Longsleddale will get ploughed in and fibre blown to the places that are all ready. There are 12 core routes, those who are ready first get fibre first.
- Core Network Digging – TSTrenching are currently laying our network
- Property Spur Checking – A champion needs to ensure the work done is up to standard. (Access to your property required)
- Property Spur Fibre Blowing – this happens when all properties off the chamber you are supplied from are ready. The team need to be efficient and will do this in one hit so if you are ready and your neighbours aren’t get them to make you cake and help them. (Access to your property required)
- Core Fibre – This gets blown by B4RN core Volunteers as soon as there is enough properties and duct in the ground to connect
- Core Splicing – in each chamber there is now all the property 2 fibre cable and the core fibre. This is spliced in fibre bullets so each property has their very own pair of fibres right from the Head End to the Home FTTH or FTTP
- Property Splicing – The final step, a termination is spliced onto the end of your fibre and £150 is now due
- Monthly service – If you are taking monthly service your property splicer from B4RN will leave you with a router plugged in and the fastest internet will now be live in your home. (Access to your property required)