Mint and Sprint true fibre to the property will be live this November.
Offices in Mealbank still open for dig plan training, confirmation, materials collection, network planning etc. 7pm to 9pm Thursday’s or by appointment.
Progress in 3 months of TSTrenching laying the duct network they are now nearly at the end of the West side of Longsleddale with only 2km to go to get to Sadgill. In the next 2 weeks or so the team will be progressing with the East side and then back out of the valley onto the rest of the network.
- Selside Head End Complete- Thanks to John Howson and Logan Tomm with the help from Tom & Ari the final touches are now complete and ready for the B4RN splicing team.
- Electricity NW are booked for making the spark go live within the next 7 days.
- Zayo are preparing the bullet for splicing as I type (7/11)
- 126 properties have been dug past so far out 707
- 37 properties with fibre to the FTU’s awaiting splicing
- Core ready for splicing along Route 6
- A6 road crossing now drilled (5/11)
- Natural England satisfied with methods of crossing under the rivers and a full crayfish survey completed with technical judgements by experts made on each river. (Early October)
Some folk have been contacted by Kinex who are a provider of copper internet sold as fibre using the BT Openreach network. They have clever pushy sales tactics and will bluff their way into selling you copper fibre (FTTC). Fibre from them is estimated to be ” way faster than your current provider” its not, its still your old copper line sold with a different pushy spin.
- FTTP – Fibre to the Property – B4RN = 1000mbps symmetrical up and download speeds
- FTTH – Fibre to the Home (as above) – B4RN = 1000mbps symmetrical up and download speeds
- FTTC – Fibre to the Cabinet – then copper to your home, BT Openreach network via many providers. = Max 70mbps but more like 2-10mbps upload and 0.25 to 2mbps upload speeds
Offices still open for dig plan training, confirmation, materials collection, network planning etc. 7pm to 9pm Thursday’s or by appointment.